It's the 4th Annual 30 Days of Beauty celebration at Shoppers Drug Mart, the biggest beauty event of the year, and I can't wait to hit my local store to stock up on those much needed items, as well as stuff that I've been wanting to try out for a while now.
From Now until September 14th, check out 30DaysofBeauty.ca for daily promotional offers, an exclusive gift with purchase, as well as some fabulous looks to try out both at home and in-store (including a free 5 minute makeover with a beauty expert at your Shoppers Drug Mart, if you sign up in time.) When you find a look you love over these next 30 days, you'll also find a how-to video so that you know exactly how to get the look you want with the right makeup for an easy fix.
Here are some items that I've got on my list to pick up soon (and will be keeping an eye on the 30 day calendar to see if any of these become a daily offer!)
- Luminous Correcting Primer - Lise Watier
Infused with Diamond Lumière Complex, corrects and illuminates the complexion for a natural finish. Light reflecting pigments render the optical properties of the diamond and compensate for the lack of photoluminescence of the complexion. Use solo or with BASE MIRACLE Pore Minimizing Primer for a flawless result!
- Makeup Brush Cleaner - Clinique
Whether we like it our not, our faces and makeup contain little bits of bacteria and microbes can get over all of our expensive brushes! Don't forget to clean your brushes once a week to keep your skin and tools healthy.
- Be Legendary Lipstick - Smashbox
I love testing out new colours as often as possible, and Smashbox has a couple of lovely reds that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on. There are 17 colours to choose from, and I'm really liking their Coral and Mauve pigments this year! They'll both be great for those transition moments when you're desperately holding onto summer, even though the trees around you want to tell you its fall!
30 Days of How-To
I hate to admit this, but it took me a week to figure out foundation shading, which has put a whole new spin on my daily makeup routine once I finally mastered it! Even though it took me a while (shading was the hardest technique for me to learn in art class too, lol,) I can't imagine not doing this in my routine from here on out.
I do love informative how-tos that make any given task quick and easy to do, and can't get enough of simple tips and tricks to keep my image looking fresh and trendy (nothing more boring than the same ol' pattern everyday, right?) If I didn't see all the awesome techniques last year, I would be even more curious on how Shoppers Drug Mart could come up with 30 different styles to learn in the next 30 days. After last year's experience, I'm all kinds of excited to see what their beauty experts will come up with this time!
Your 30 Days of Beauty Checklist
It's time to have some fun, so here's a quick checklist for you of things to remember, so that you'll get the most out of Shoppers Drug Mart's "30 Days of Beauty" celebration:
- Check out 30daysofbeauty.ca to find an exciting and brand new offer each and every day from now until September 14th! There will also be new how-to’s in-store and online each day for 30 different looks! I bet you've got an incredible look that you stick with day in and day out, but wouldn't it be fabulous to find another look or two to add to your repertoire? Life's short, so have some fun! And don't forget that this excitement spills into every Shoppers Drug Mart store, so go join in their celebration of beauty!
- Pencil in your calendar somewhere to make a purchase of $75 or more on Cosmetics, Skin Care or Fragrance between August 23rd to August 29th! Maybe you'll find a perfume that you can't ignore wanting any longer, or you've found a few looks you'd love to try and now need to pick up some new colours for your kit, make sure you get those bigger purchases between these dates so that you can also get the exclusive gift with purchase, a cosmetic pouch filled with over 25 beauty and fragrance samples! It sold out last year, so don't wait and miss out!
- Get a five minute makeover - let one of Shoppers Drug Mart's cosmeticians help you create the look you love from the 30 Days of Beauty lookbook. Call in to pencil in that appointment, as there are limited seats for this.
Whew! Are you excited yet?? Which cosmetics have you been wanting to try out recently? If you have a beauty tip that you just can't live without, I'd love to hear about it!
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart, the opinions and language are all my own, and in no way do they reflect Shoppers Drug Mart.