I am entirely addicted to Kraft’s Chocolate Peanut Butter. C’mon, chocolate and peanut butter already mixed together?? ‘Nuff said, really. Did you read my no-bake snack bite recipe from yesterday? A simple mix that even my four year old nephew could whip up in minutes and have it taste good, ’cause there is no way to mess those ingredients up! I couldn’t help but make a second treat that might take a little more patience to put together, but it is so very worth it. These treats are so easy to take with you, for that quick snack you might need, during those in-between moments of your totally busy schedule.
Let me introduce you to…
The If I Have More Time to Play Peanut Butter Snack Bites
So you might see a lack of measurements… that’s ’cause I don’t really measure things out while trying to not blow up my kitchen, heh.
- Marshmallows (large or small, your choice,)
- Flaked oats,
- Kraft Chocolate Peanut Butter,
- Pecan pieces,
- 5 in. squares of aluminum foil, 16 in total,
- A rounded 1 tbsp. measuring spoon or large melon baller.
Steps to a Yummy On-The-Go Snack
- If you purchased large marshmallows, cut them into quarters, ‘cause you’ll need smaller bits. Start out with 16 quartered pieces to start with (so four large marshmallows.)
- If your pecans aren’t in pieces already, use a rolling pin to break them up a bit. I also used a rolling pin to turn the oats into finer flakes, though probably not necessary.
- Pour honey and oats into a bowl each. Add the marshmallow bits into the honey, until fully coated, and then transfer those sticky pieces into the oats next for a second coat (your fingers are gonna get sticky too, so you might want to keep some paper towel on hand.)
- Line the measuring spoon (or melon baller) with one of the aluminum foil squares.
- Scoop out a few large spoonfuls of Kraft Chocolate peanut butter into a microwavable bowl, and then nuke it for 20 seconds. Stir, and if not fully melted, run the bowl through the microwave again for another 20 seconds. Once the PB is easy to stir, pour in the pecan pieces, and blend well.
- When truly easy to scoop, pour the Kraft Chocolate PB mix into the foil, until half-full.
- Take a coated marshmallow piece and stick it into the middle of the foiled spoon, push down lightly, so that the melted chocolate PB and pecan mix will get pushed to the sides of the spoon. Once the marshmallow is seated, spoon more of the melted chocolate PB and pecan mix on top, until fully coated.
- Carefully remove the foil and place the treat onto a plate.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 until all the marshmallow bits are gone. Stir the Chocolate Peanut Butter/Pecan mix, and if it’s becoming stiff, reheat it in the microwave again for another 20 seconds.
- Let the plate of treats chill in the refrigerator for an hour (or overnight if you prefer.) Once chilled (you’ll be able to fully remove the foil off the chocolate,) the foil can then be fully wrapped around the individual pieces, if desired, and stored in a bowl/jar.
And that’s it!
What do you think? Have you tried Kraft Chocolate Peanut Butter yet? I can easily eat that stuff simply with a spoon, yum!