Blogathonning is totally a word. It means I should be doing a TON of work on and around Geek with Style, and… well, I’ve started at least. I love my baby, and want to see some growth this year, which means making a plan. Planning on what I want to share, what I want to improve, what I want to explore, there is so much that I want to see on Geek with Style myself, I’m thinking the hard part is, “Where do I start?” Thank goodness for Biannual Blogathon Bash, the twice a year big blogging event that helps me focus on moving forward, and getting all those “little things” done instead of pushing them back for that ever far away, “later”.
So here’s the plan, Geek with Style and I are going to:
- improve the Curvy Fashion & Services directory. The biggest step was finding the best way to layout my fave stores for you to browse. This directory is in its fourth design plan, and I think I love it, at least 85% of it. I might change the colours, and parts of the grid design, but its so easy to look at now and doesn’t take as long to implement a new store link like before. Quick and simple is key right?
- improve the Geek Culture stuff, I’m thinking of changing the menu above from “Event, Entertainment & Travel” to two different menu items “Geek Culture” and “Events & Travel”. Google might hate me for a while, but I think it might help me out better in the long run. I love all things Geek, and am particularly wanting to showcase the comic industry and all it entails a bit more.
- clean out all 54 items in the drafts bin. There’s a lot I wanted to share with ya’ll in the past and just couldn’t get around to finishing these projects. Some of them are nearly done, so am gonna clean it up a bit this weekend. Heck, might even end publishing a post a day this coming week, whut.
- improve my photography station. TheHubs bought me a shiny tripod for my Canon T3i, which has made photographing super easy without having to worry about blurring up my pics. Now I just need to improve my background props for more interesting pics.
- Work on Biannual Blogathon Bash Mini Challenges! There are some FAB challenges this year (even wrote a couple myself, so check out the easiest way to watermark, and how to use Font Awesome for all things awesome.) Here’s some great ways to improve your blog:
Rebranding Your Blog @ Life as Leels
Writing Professional Emails @ Biannual Blogathon Bash
How to Create and Run a Facebook Group for Bloggers @ Biannual Blogathon Bash
Managing Twitter with Tweetdeck @ Basics4Bloggers
Create a Business Plan For Your Blog @ Forgetful Momma
You Could Be Losing Money @ Life as Leels
Increase Organic Facebook Reach @ Horsehoes and Hand Grenades
To Auto Post or Not to Auto Post? @ Shaping Up to Be a Mom
Why Bloggers Need LinkedIn @ iBlog Magazine
Whew! There is lots more I want to do, but I’d spend all day listing them here instead of actually doing them. 😉 Are you a blogger that wants to make a few changes? I truly recommend joining in on this weekend fun for a better foundation to your favourite place to be online!
It’s never too late to start!
EDIT (Jan 25, 1PM): Well, I’ve decided to add “Geek Culture” alone and leave “Entertainment” as part of “Events, Entertainment & Travel”, ’cause the two categories, while similar, turned out to be not so synonymous. And I like having them separated anyway. Also? I’ve just noticed that my “Until next time!” tagline that supposed to end at the bottom of every post has somehow gone missing… when did that happen?? Will have to go check my theme and see if I can find the bit of code again, but really? Right now? Time for , so until next time, which is sometime tomorrow! 😉