I have to confess, it was a hard won battle to create a thorough review of a Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum. The moment I pulled the vacuum out of the box, Kit's eyes lit up and eagerly he asked, "What's that, Chachi?" Instead of saying it was a really cool vacuum, I pulled the trigger and revved up the engine a bit with a smirk, and he was all, "I WANT." I'm now the proud auntie of a five year old that begs me to let him vacuum.
He loves to be a superhero taking on the fight against dust and dirt with his space cannon. (It's Chachi's space cannon, darn it!)
But Kit isn't the only one so enamored with this vacuum. I have had a hard time finding dirt in this house to clean and test the Dyson Absolute, because it's always in someone's hands the moment my back is turned.
The reviewer in me is pulling hair and following a one year old around, waiting for him to drop a cheerio on the ground, just so that I can vacuum those bits up ninja-style. Meanwhile, the supposedly-adult family member in me is jumping for joy that people actually want to take turns in cleaning the carpets, and tiles and hardwood flooring. Oh, and don't forget the walls, the stairs and even the ceiling.
As a family we've become fairly spoiled in vacuum tech. Our previous vacuum was also cordless and came with two heavy duty batteries, meaning we had to continuously change the batteries out, but we had a system. We had a bit of a learning curve with the Dyson V6, as the battery is internal. We had to get used to keeping the unit plugged in when not in use, which meant we had to find a storage section with a wall plug to keep it always charging. The manual says that the battery lasts for about 20 minutes, which is apparently more than enough time than I need anyway for a clean two-story house with a finished basement.
Why the Dyson V6 Absolute Should Absolutely Be Your Next Choice in Vacuum
- This is the lightest vacuum I've ever had the pleasure of cleaning with. Even our previous cordless vacuum was bulky and hard to maneuver, especially in unique corners and on the stairs. With the Absolute, you don't even think about angles, you simply "point and shoot".
- The HEPA filter is a nice touch to help purify your air of pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and tobacco smoke whenever you vacuum.
- Some days its a lightsaber, on others its a space cannon. Either way, it gets the job done, smoothly, and sometimes by a five year old. Having a trigger button to toggle on/off really gets you in a focus that cleaning is all a game if you're used to joystick/game controller trigger buttons.
- It's so easy to manage this Dyson. It's simply a long stick with powerful suction so that you don't have to exert much of your own energy to get your house clean. There is even a super-suction MAX button for when the kids want to mash their breakfast into the carpet.
- Gone are the days where you could write down vacuuming in your exercise journal. This gorgeous machine defies gravity with all the heavy lifting of dust and dirt particles it does for you with ease.
- It's no longer a chore. Back in the day, my parents had a vacuum that they were proud of owning, but it was BIG and some of us would shed a few tears with simply the thought of having to carry the bulky and super heavy thing up two flights of stairs. With this Dyson V6 Absolute you don't even think of whether you should bring it upstairs, it just happens.
- Any cobwebs on the ceiling are history. No thought or prep required, just reach up and boom, gone.
- No baggage. The V6 Absolute sucks all the dirt and dust into a jar, and the contents can be easily released into the nearest garbage can.
- The Absolute is all about efficiency. You don't need to schedule time and make a big deal about vacuuming the house from top to bottom. If your floor looks like it could use a quick sweep, the ease of use means there's no production involved to get it done.
Have you tried the Dyson V6 Absolute? I would love to hear your thoughts on it!
Want to share this review? Tell your friends on Twitter!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Dyson Canada in a partnership with Geek with Style to provide you the most up to date facts, helping you make better informed decisions. All opinions in this article are my own.